I’m a DevOps engineer with a passion for building scalable systems. If you need some help with a software project, particularly Python or AWS related projects, I might be able to help.
Things I can help you with
Most of my experience is in AWS environments using Python as my primary language. I can work with most other languages and environments, but I may need some time to learn them.
If you need help with any of these things (or things like this), I’m your guy.
- Scaling your side project or MVP for real traffic
- Implementing source control, linting, or formatting into your team’s workflow
- Containerizing applications and deploying containers
- Automating IT processes such as infrastructure provisioning or deploying patches or updates
- Building CI/CD pipelines for automated testing and deployments
- Building landing pages for SaaS companies, apps, courses and newsletters, etc
- Scaling and securing blog platforms (WordPress, Gatsby, etc)
Things I would like to work on
I’m open to projects of all types, but these projects are especially exciting
- Open source projects
- Side-projects looking to scale
- Early stage startups
- Developer tooling and CI/CD pipelines
Things you should know
I’m employed full time as a Systems Engineer in the Greater Boston area – because of this I can only work on projects that
- Are fully remote (or local to the Boston, MA area)
- Have hours falling outside Monday to Friday, 9-5
- Do not compete with the market of my employer
How I work
If you’re interested in help on a project, there are some things I want you to know about my work philosophy.
I’ll tell you exactly what I know
If you come to me asking about technology I’ve never used, I won’t lie about. I’ll just be straightforward and we can discuss if the project is still a good fit.
I’ll keep you in the loop
Expect to hear from me often if we work together. I believe projects see the best results when communication happens at least weekly.
I’ll ask a lot of questions
I’ll be asking a ton of questions throughout the project, but especially at the start. My goal is to understand the project, your needs, and agree on realistic requirements and deadlines up front.
I have been coding and building computers since before I could drive. I started coding to automate tasks as a manufacturing engineer and ended up working in the software industry as a systems engineer just a few years later.
I have experience with
- Terraform and CloudFormation
- CI/CD Pipelines